If your Sensor loses connection with the Hub there are a few steps that may restart the communication
- Unplug the Sensor from the wall and plug it back in
- Check that the outlet the Sensor is plugged into is not controlled by a switch and that the outlet has power
- If you are unsure if the outlet has power, try plugging something else into the outlet such as a lamp
- If you are still having trouble, perform a soft reset on the hub by pressing the soft reset button on the back of the hub, next to the power cord
As a final resort you can reset the sensor by pushing the reset tool, (located on the bottom of the hub) into the hole on the side of the sensor.
- You should feel the button engage, and the light at the bottom of the sensor should blink blue.
- Once you have reset the sensor go into the room settings and remove the sensor from the room, and then re-add it by following the onscreen instructions.
- Resetting the sensor will unpair the vents as well and you will need to press the reset buttons on the vent (located near the battery pack), and re-add the vent to the room.